3.01.2011

Things change...

I have not posted yet because I was suppose to be leaving on a jet plane.  Well, things change and so did my flight.  Instead of doing what I thought I was doing I am going to stay home and make quiche.  This sounds odd but I am not kidding.  I keep telling Mr. Ace that we're having Quiche Loraine for dinner.  No idea what Loraine mean's I just think it sounds sweet!  If you are looking for a simple, easy, delicious dinner... Try this with me!

Quiche Recipe

1 - 9 inch deep dish pie crust
(As I was making 16 and didn't have 16 pie
tins, I opted for Marie Callendar's frozen pie
crusts, which I think are super flakey and tasty.
They come in a sturdy pie tin - not foil - which
you could keep or throw away.)
1/3 C. chopped onion
6-8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and then finely
chopped
2 C. shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
(I opted for cheddar - since we were feeding youth)

4 eggs
1 1/2 C. half and half
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Place the onion, chopped bacon and
cheddar cheese in the bottom of an uncooked 9 inch
pie shell.  Whisk the eggs and add the half
and half, salt and pepper.  Pour over the
cheese.  You might not use all of the egg mixture.
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes and then reduce heat
to 300 for 30-40 minutes.
(I baked mine in a convection oven, so I baked it
at 405 for 15 minutes, then 285 for 20 minutes.)
 
{fav}
Marie Callenders Frozen Pie
  What does b* say?
Thank goodness for frozen pie crust.  When ever I am in a pinch this is my go to crust!  I love it for cream\berry pies and I may love it for quiche.  I am not sure... haven't done it before! 

Happy eatings!
Photo's and recipe from www.purplechochocolathome.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Love quiche! I'll have to try this recipe for sure! Have fun making it!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails