2.26.2011

A Yummy Hot Dog

I have a few guilty food confessions and we have already discussed one; which, is my love for burgers. Another happens to be a good hot dog.  I don't mean a polish dog or whatever glorified thing they are calling it these days, I mean a snap when you take a bit kind of dog.  
Some of the family fav's are Nathans or Hebrew Nationals.  I simply like the Ball Park.  What ever your choice it doesn't matter it is usually the sauce and stuff that matters.  At a BBQ I am usually a yellow mustard with a ton of relish or if I want to kick it up I'll do spicy brown mustard with sauerkraut.
But the other night we had about fifteen 15-16 year olds over for game night and they wanted "J Dawgs"  what's that you ask?  Click here for J Dawgs site  it is a neat little joint in our city that serves up "dawgs" with a really good sauce.  Since the sauce was what the kids were wanting I went down a bought some of the sauce and I think the night and the food was a huge hit!

{crave}  

Don't have a J Dawgs near you, but want to recreate the Yumminess at home?
 Hear is a recipe I found for the sauce (found here):

Copy Cat JDawgs Sauce
3/4 C Ketchup
3/4 C BBQ Sauce (Make sure it is a good quality and it might be good to use a honey bbq)
1/4 C Honey
1 tsp. Apply Cider
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
{mix together}

and for a little extra goodness we caramelized some onions:

1 Yellow Onion (chopped into long strips)
1/2 C. Worcestershire Sauce
Put onions in a non-stick skillet and let them sweat.  After 2 minutes add in Worcestershire sauce let it come to a boil and reduce down.  When the sauce is syrupy and the onion are coated it is done.  About 5-7 minutes.  

Enjoy!
Happy Saturday 





1 comment:

  1. Mmm mmm mmm! I love me some J Dawgs! And I'm with you on the polish dog. Not my thing. Plain beef dog with good sauce can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails