2.10.2011

Fav Valentines Cookie

{rave}
I bought these the other day at the super market because I though it would a fun accent to our daily Hot Coco. They are darling for the season and taste good to boot.

Jet-Puffed Strawberry HEART Mallow

I found them at my local grocer

And then I got this hair brain idea...

{crave}

One of my all time favorite cookie is the 
CHOCOLATE ROLO COOKIE
I was craving them badly and didn't have any rolos in the house.  
These were the modifications I made and I think they will become a new Valentines tradition.   

Strawberry Mallow Chocolate Cookies are as follows:
1 C. Butter (2 sticks)
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Brown Sugar
{cream butter and sugars together in a mixer with your paddle attachment}
-Add-
2 tsp. Vanilla 
2 Eggs
{mix till combined}
-Add-
2 1/2 C. Flour
3/4 C. Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
{Mix gently until well combined.  You don't want to over work the flour.}
Once your dough is ready.  Use a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop and scoop your dough in to balls.  And then do this...
#1 Flatten Dough
#2 Place Mallow on flattened dough. Form around Mallow

#3 Roll Dough in between hands to form a round ball

{my favorite part!}
#4 Roll ball in 1/2 C. Cinnamon  1/2 C. Sugar Mixture

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
Let cool and consume with a LARGE glass of milk!
 Happy Love month!!



3 comments:

  1. "Oh my gosh!!! I'm making these tomorrow!!! "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh my favorite combo! Chocolate and mallow! Good job Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um YUM!!! Seriously these sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails